How to Save Money on Groceries
You get in the car go to your favorite grocery store intending to buy only milk, juice, bread and peanut butter and you end up with a cart full of groceries you didn’t intend to buy and didn’t need to buy, spending money you didn’t need to spend. If it’s any comfort to you, it happens to most people. Why does it happen?
Well the main reasons are lack of planning and focus as well as falling into sophisticated marketing and advertising tricks. For example,did you ever wonder why the basic foods and drinks are not at the front of the store? The simple answer is that retailers wants you to get a look at everything their store has to offer before getting to what you actually came in the store for.
Luckily there are few simple things you can do to start saving on your grocery bills starting today, read and follow!
- Come prepared- Make a list of exactly what you need and stick to it, sounds simple but the fact is that most people fail to do it. If you have coupons take them, but only take the ones that you need. Just because you have a coupon for a product doesn’t mean you must use it.
- Treat it like a military mission- Allocate time to spend at the grocery store and don’t waste a second more than you allocated.
- Use memberships card- If you have 1 or 2 grocery store you go to regularly, inquire about their loyalty program. Many times they will save you a big chunk of money over a year’s time.
- Be Ad Smart- If you see an ad 2 for $5 and 1 units costs $2.5, you’re not really getting a deal are you? So there’s no reason really to buy 2 units of that product (unless of course you need it)
- Go for the store brands- Many times the only difference between a nationwide brand and a store brand is a shiny wrap/box. So there is really no reason to pay premium price just to get a nicer box.
Find the Best Daily Deal in Your Neighborhood